Kansai International Academy aims to cultivate leaders who will contribute to an international society through bilingual English and Japanese education. With this goal in mind, we aim to have our students learn and inquire by themselves as well as in a group and develop the ability to solve problems with their creativity and cultivate the understanding of different cultures.
Taking these policies into consideration, we accept applications from students from around the world, who can have the following academic achievement and nature and are ambitious for developing them.
- The student understands and is willing to commit to KIA junior high school.
- The student has an intellectual curiosity and aptitude for learning.
- The student desires to communicate effectively in all situations.
- The student is able to respect different cultures and ways of thinking and is able to work together to contribute to society.
- The student has general knowledge in social and natural sciences as well as basic academic achievement of their mother tongue and English.
The school has an entrance examination for students who meet the above requirements. We assess the applicant’s academic achievement, personality and examine various aspects, as seen below.
- Written examination / English, Mathematics, and Japanese
- Interview / individual and with parents (English and/or Japanese）
- Enquiry sheet
- Parents Interview